In 2 Kings 4, the widow of a certain son of the prophets came to Elisha with a serious problem. Her young husband had died, leaving her with a great debt. The creditors were coming to take her sons to be bondmen. She went to the man of God and reminded him of her husband’s testimony – in a time of spiritual apostasy and wickedness in Israel, her husband had “feared the LORD.” He had not bowed the knee to Baal or followed the golden calf culture of Jeroboam. This unnamed preacher had bad credit with men – but an A+ credit rating with God. His testimony and his wife’s faith opened the windows of heaven. Preached Sunday night, October 28, at LBC, Wylie. Download MP3. Listen now.
STUDIES IN 1 CORINTHIANS
We are continuing our study in 1 Corinthians on Wednesday nights. 13 audio files covering the first six chapters of the Book can be listened to or downloaded at our sermon audio site (click to be transferred to the site).
GUEST SPEAKERS IN OCTOBER
- “The Prodigal Son” by Lonnie Mattingly (October 10, 2012). Listen now. Download.
- “Five Precious Gifts” by Dr. Bob W. Smith (October 21, 2012). Listen now. Download.
- “The Mind.” Charles Chandler (October 14, 2012). Listen now. Download.
- “Recognizing the War.” Youth pastor Kevin Absher (October 14, 2012). Listen now. Download.
- “Calvinism.” Retired pastor John Chastain (October 17, 2012). Listen now. Download.
Almost 200 audio files are available here.