Today, our VBS crew turned our church auditorium into a fantastic adventure waiting to happen in just three days. The platform was decorated with Egypt on one side and Canaan on the other, with the walls of Jericho waiting just across the Jordan River. We will be joining Moses and our tour guide, Israeli Jones, as we study and learn about the wilderness wanderings of Israel after they were delivered from Egyptian bondage. Below are some highlights to expect during VBS:
- Class time. We want Vacation Bible School to be just that – a school. We will divide up into our regular Sunday School structure with classes divided between boys and girls and then by age/grade. Our regular Sunday School teachers will be teaching the classes.
- Bible curriculum. Each night, each class will have lessons covering an aspect of the wilderness wanderings.
- Special Memory verse time with Moses.
- Great fun, kids’ music, games, and messages.
- Giveaways and crafts each night.
- An opportunity to win a bike by being in attendance and/or bringing visitors. The more you attend, and the more visitors you bring, the greater your chances of winning.
- Team structure to encourage involvement.
- Bible Bucks Store on Thursday! Kids will earn Bible bucks by attending and participating, which they can then redeem in our special store.
- Bus and van transportation available in some areas.
We are looking forward to a great time! If you have not yet registered you can do so online at: http://lbcwylie.com/vbs-2012/